• Anxiety & depression are highly prevalent mental illnesses globally posing a significant burden on healthcare systems & an individual's quality of life with WHO estimating that 3.4% of the population suffers from the condition.
• There is a growing evidence base demonstrating a close relationship between changes in the composition of the gut microbiota and symptoms of mental health disorders, such as anxiety & depression.
• A large proportion of evidence so far is pre-clinical studies so a need for human studies is present.
• In this study, a probiotic blend of 2 strains (Bifidobacterium & Lactobacillus) is being investigated for its potential to help symptoms of anxiety.
• Changes in anxiety are assessed by using questionnaires throughout the study.
Do you suffer from anxiety?
All participants will receive reimbursement of €450 upon completion of the study.
Do you know anyone who could be interested in taking part of this study? Share it on your network!